Let´s not start this post of by saying I have been postponing blogging for months, but by saying that 2015 has been one memorable, radical, ride-or-die year out of the 21 years that I have lived so far.
As a result of me not blogging more frequently, I need to do some back-tracking and remember the details of the unforgettable moments below:
- Graduation – the elephant in the room needs to be addressed
- Re-visiting old friends in Catalunya – and trying some authentic small town cousine
- Meeting the 2-time MotoGP champion Marc Márquez – for the first time
- Moving to Spain – this would be the room, not the elephant, and the starting point of my year because before this event, there wasn´t much that I would like to remember
- Starting grad school – at one of the oldest universities in the world
- Getting on the wrong train to the said grad school – and not on the first day
- Dealing with (owning) the much-dreaded (by the English-speaking expats which I am not a part of) Spanish bureaucracy
- Working in a Spanish concertado school – with primary school students and vocational training.
- Going to the Aragon Moto Grand Prix
- Going to the Valencia Moto Grand Prix – yes, there are many differences between the two.
- Attending Marc Márquez Fan Club Dinner – and publicly embarrassed myself
- Making up with Barcelona – read to see our twisted history from last summer
- Witnessing the Superprestigio Dirttrack live
- Appearing on live national television show El Hormiguero – speaking of going public, huh?
- Travelling to Segovia & Salamanca for Christmas
- Overhearing a racist shout on the metro – today, so it´s still fresh in my mind
Well, as if I don´t have enough to write about, let´s look at more tangible objects that I need a detailed examination:
- My cave – also known as ¨piso¨
- My closet and its castilianization, (in)complete with 7 pairs of shoes
- My versitile Bershka bag
- The magical youth public transport card
Looking forward to writing more!
Un saludo desde Madrid